Example 1: Count Number of Digits in an Integer using while loop
num = 3452 count = 0 while num != 0: num //= 10 count += 1 print("Number of digits: " + str(count))
Number of digits: 4
In this program, the while loop is iterated until the test expression
num != 0 is evaluated to 0 (false).
- After the first iteration,
numwill be divided by 10 and its value will be 345. Then, the
countis incremented to 1.
- After the second iteration, the value of
numwill be 34 and the
countis incremented to 2.
- After the third iteration, the value of
numwill be 3 and the
countis incremented to 3.
- After the fourth iteration, the value of
numwill be 0 and the
countis incremented to 4.
- Then the test expression is evaluated to false and the loop terminates.
Example 2: Using inbuilt methods
num = 123456 print(len(str(num)))
In the above example, we first convert the integer value into string by using
str(). Then, we find the length of the string using