Learn DS & Algorithms
A computer program is a collection of instructions to perform a specific task. For this, a computer program may need to store data, retrieve data, and perform computations on the data.
A data structure is a named location that can be used to store and organize data. And, an algorithm is a collection of steps to solve a particular problem. Learning data structures and algorithms allow us to write efficient and optimized computer programs.
Our DSA tutorial will guide you to learn different types of data structures and algorithms and their implementations in Python, C, C++, and Java.
Data Structures (II)
Tree based DSA (I)
Tree based DSA (II)
Graph based DSA
Sorting and Searching Algorithms
Why Learn DSA?
- Write optimized and scalable code - Once you have knowledge about different data structures and algorithms, you can determine which data structure and algorithm to choose in various conditions.
- Effective use of time and memory - Having knowledge about data structures and algorithms will help you write codes that run faster and require less storage.
- Better job opportunities - Data structures and algorithms questions are frequently asked in job interviews of various organizations including Google, Facebook, and so on.
How you can learn data structure and algorithms?
Learn DSA from Programiz
Programiz offers a complete series of easy to follow DSA tutorials along with suitable examples. These tutorials are targeted for absolute beginners who want to dive into the field of computer programming.
Learn DSA from Books
Learning from books is always a good practice. You will get the big picture of programming concepts in the book which you may not find elsewhere.
Here are some books we personally recommend.
- Introduction to Algorithms, Thomas H. Cormen - it is one of the best books in algorithms and covers a broad range of algorithms in-depth
- Algorithms, Robert Sedgewick - it is the leading textbook on algorithms and is widely used in colleges and universities
- The Art of Computer Programming, Donald E. Knuth - this book is considered best if you know the subject and are looking for deeper understanding
Learn DSA through visualization
Once you have some idea about data structure and algorithms, there is a great resource at Data Structure Visualizations that lets you learn through animation.