Go Flow Control
Go Pointers & Interfaces
What is Go?
Go is expressive, concise, clean, and efficient. Go has gained popularity in recent years for the following reasons.
- Fast and Lightweight language - Go is a language that manages memory with its built-in garbage collector. Hence it is fast and lightweight. It has a quick compilation time.
- Statically Typed Language - The type of go variables are known at compile time.
- Clean and Concise Language - The syntax of go is short and easier to understand.
- C like Language - Go has adopted lots of features from the C programming language and is similar to C.
Why learn Go Programming?
- Easy to learn: Go has neat programming syntax that is easier to understand.
- Scalability: Go can stack the sizes of a program to grow and shrink. So the application developed in Go programming can be very scalable as the memory is accurately utilized.
- Focused vocabulary: The number of keywords is less than other languages. It has around 25 keywords so developers don't need to remember a lot of the keywords.
- Handy standard libraries: Go has many standard libraries which makes it a lot easier to write programs.
How to learn Go Programming?
- Go tutorial from Programiz - We provide step by step Go tutorials, examples, and references. Getting started with Go programming.
- Official Go documentation - You can always take reference from the official Go Programming documentation. Visit official Go Programming documentation.
- Keep Practicing - The only way you can learn programming is by writing a lot of code.