About R Programming
- Open-source Language - R is freely available to the public. You can make improvements on the language and access hundreds of useful packages created by others for free.
- Domain-specific Language - R is a domain-specific language and its specialty lies in statistical and data analysis.
- Strong Graphical Capabilities - R can also be used for data visualization. It provides extended libraries that will help you produce high quality interactive graphics.
- Interpreted Language - R is an interpreted language like Python.
- Integration with Other Technologies - You can integrate your R code or project with programming procedures written in C, C++, Python, .Net, etc.
Why Learn R Programming?
- R is one of the most popular statistical programming languages for data scientists. It is heavily used in the field of machine learning, scientific computing, and statistical analysis.
- Since R is an interpreted programming language, you can run your code without any compiler. This makes development easier.
- R can be used to perform vector calculations. It is a vector language and can be used to add functions to a single vector.
How to learn R programming?
- R tutorial from Programiz - You can start learning R programming from our step-by-step tutorials with intuitive examples. Check out Getting Started with R.
- Official R Documentation - The official R documentation provides a good insight on the R concepts.
- Write a lot of Code in R - The best way to learn ay programming language is by practicing to write a lot of code.
- Read R code - Join Github's open-source projects and read other people's code.